What is Six?
- In miles, it's 5-5.5 more than I can run before I experience pain or discomfort.
- It's the numer of days per week I was running easily before my problems began.
- It's the number of toes on my left foot (just kidding about this one).
- In minutes, it's slower than I should be able to run a mile based on my 5K and 10K race PR's.
- It's the number of whole miles in a 10K race.
- In ounces, it fits twice into a 12 oz. bottle of beer.
- It's the number of beers in a six pack.
- It's a factor of 12 and 24, which are the number of beers in a half rack and case of beer.
- In weight, it's over one third of a pound.
- It's the number of grams of salt that fits in a level teaspoon.
- It's the number of weeks since something went haywire with my posterior tibialis, achilles, medial tibia, fascia, or some other tissues of my left lower leg/ankle.
- It's the number of weeks since I last was able to run comfortably.
- It's the number of consecutive weeks of training for the Colorado Marathon that I have now missed.
Right now, despite some good things it has going for it... Six is not my favorite number.